Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yes, it's me again blog

That's right. I decided today that I've deprived the world long enough, and needed to post random thoughts about the visual media around me.

- I am watching a NEW episode of Looney Tunes, as I type. In case you didn't know, they've made new episodes of LT, new voices for Bugs, Daffy et al. Bugs and Daffy are on a tv show *within* the show called "Besties" trying to win at at game show! They're playing against the two chipmunks who are kinda gay. (Chip and Dale?) I'm not sure I like the new Looneys, just discovered this today. Bugs and Daffy lose because Daffy doesn't know Bugs' catch-phrase! This show must take place in a world where Jacob and his brother destroyed the world.

-WOW. It's been almost a year since the "Lost" finale! I was SO into it in 2010. Yeah, I was confused about the ending. I'm not a hater though.

- Looney Tunes reminds me that I still think I need to appear on a tv game show at some point. A few years ago I'd watch Jeopardy! while doing my cardio/bike workout. But the idea of Jeopardy! as my game show premier seems a long shot. Too many topics I'm not good at. Plus, I miss "Potent Potables" as a category!

- I think I'd like to be on the "25,000 Pyramid" if that was on- but I'd want it to be old school. All the "new" reboots of game shows, with Regis and silvery sets with people applauding and whooping-n-hollerin' too much just BLOWS.

- About a month ago, I saw Source Code, Super, and Water for Elephants all in one weekend. And then Your Highness soon thereafter. A movie extravaganza. Haven't seen a movie since. I've fallen behind on netflix, I finally watched Ghost Writer on bluray after it sat on the table for 2 months. A movie funk? Perhaps. How to break it?

- Received a book called Gone Tomorrow at Christmas, written by Lee Child. Good book, and a really great character in Jack Reacher. Since finishing it, I've been to the library twice, and have been reading other books Child has written with Reacher. Just finished Persuader last night. Killing Floor was before that. I think I have 7 books left to catch up.

- TV stuff: Favorite show has to be Parks and Recreation. Ron Swanson, Leslie Knope et al are just a blast to watch. Rashida Jones ain't too bad on the eyes either ;-) The Office is still on the tivo, but not nearly as good as it once was. 30 Rock is still good, but losing luster. I think it's better to watch 30Rock goofiness separately from the other Thursday night stuff. After P&R nothing seems good enough! It's a riot and touching. Kudos to the show!

Last summer I caught an episode rerun of The Middle, which made me laugh a lot. So I have tried to watch a bit of that this season. It doesn't seem as fun as the few I saw last summer. (The ep I saw that I loved involved the young woman, Sue Heck, and her friend choreographing a fight, to the song Kung Fu Fighting, which goes horribly wrong for them.)

I put An Idiot Abroad on the tivo record, and haven't watched them all yet. But I discovered The Science Channel in the process, and have been totally absorbed in the "How it's Made" series. Some great stuff, always learning things there.

(Oh Lord. Flipping around, I just came across Revenge of the Sith. Why Lucas couldn't have made one good prequel is beyond me.)

Other stuff I tivo now that 24 & Lost ended:
Breaking Bad- So so good. Can't wait til it starts up in July again.
The Killing- set the tivo but haven't watched any yet. Hope it's good!
Men of a Certain Age- tivo'd but haven't seen all of them. New eps coming this summer.
Big Bang Theory- took it out of the loop. Just not as fun as it promised. Replaced it with
Bob's Burgers- best new show!

I look forward to the return of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia too. This fall I hope?

- Red Sox are floundering... but none of the AL East is doing really well, so it's an odd start to the season overall.
- Bruins are doing well! Beat up the Flyers, take on the Tampa Lightning next. Woo!

Til next time! Hopefully won't be a year between posts.

1 comment:

Too Late said...

I love The Middle, and so do my kids. Most of the episodes are very good; even the worst aren't bad. It is on Netflix DVD, but not Netflix streaming. :/