Monday, April 6, 2009

The Quarterly Blog

Hola my peeps. Long time, no blog.

It's not that I've not blogged for a long time. It's that I lost track of the flow, the je ne sais qua, the concept of "hey that'll make a good blog" that's needed. Watching a bad reality tv show, or washing the kitchen floor, or the inanity of building an apartment complex 10 feet away from the LA River --> these are things to write about.

I could write about Obama and the concept of "hope."
I could write about my issue with nationally broadcast sporting events.
I could write about mini sirloin burgers. Or Eliza Dushku in that new Hulu commercial. Or the cool new movies coming out in 3D. Or the car accident I was involved with on March 20th.

But I came across the issue of the day when I was leaving my office earlier today. I should also say, that I've become used to working out of my house. I had a big mental block with it at first. But as long as I get out and take a walk either at lunch, or at the end of the day, I find I'm okay with it now.

I had a to-do list today. I was dealing with a trailer that's finishing, and I needed to go to a lab to look at the 2k timeline of the trailer build. Plus, I had to go to the bank. And mail the checks I wrote this weekend and this morning. And stop by a 2nd bank and deal with a brief tax-related thing. I hoped to also grab lunch. And then get to the lab for the session.

Put all the bank stuff in one folder. Oh, and I found some coupons and miscellaneous stuff that was in my Lexus (my poor, smashed front end Lexus that's costing thousands of dollars to fix) that I normally have in the glove compartment. (Why do they call it the glove compartment? There's never any gloves...)

Had all of that in one pile. Then, the bills, all stamped and ready to go. Now, what else to carry? I have a new "fob" for the alarm system I installed in the house. Then, the car keys for the rental. Keys for the doors to my house. Wallet with license and cash and debit/credit cards. Glass case for my glasses- I really need my prescription glasses now that I'm older. Wearing my shades as I go out.

And of course I can't go anywhere without my damn cellphone now. Due to circumstances, I also have an earpiece bluetooth that I need to bring as well (it's the LAW here in CA now.)

Lastly, the laptop, with all my work files that I'll need at this session at the lab.

Hit the button to open the garage door, and I'm off! Had the house keys in my hand to lock the door and ---

Such a pile of keys and paper and crap that it all nearly slid out of my grasp while locking the front door. Just to leave the freaking house! I did throw a lot of this in the laptop carry-case I have, but it's bulky enough with flash drives, power cord and other computer stuff.

Such an ordeal to leave the house now. I refuse the man- purse. I have my old briefcase, but that and the laptop is overkill. And people tell me I should get a Blackberry? No more hand-held crap! I've only got two hands. And they're quite full. With stuff.

Never made it to lunch either.

(Is this blog worth waiting for 4 months?)

1 comment:

BethLP said...

Since you're adverse to a manpurse, how about a backpack? You'll look like a college student, and maybe some cougars will hit on you!