Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Bugs Bunny Blog

Yes, I know. Hold onto yer hats! "Bob" is blogging again! Two consecutive days in a row. It's a miracle.

Today was Opening Day of baseball for my beloved Red Sox. They looked mighty good today, posting a Win over the Tampa Bay Rays. 161 more to go!

But I clicked in my tivo and saw that I recorded some Bugs Bunny classics on TCM a few weeks ago, and was just watching them- What's Opera Doc? & Duck Amuck. And I realize that I miss cartoons. I know they have entire channels devoted to cartoons now, but I don't think the WB classics have their own channel. (DO they? I have like 600 channels on DirecTV, point it out to me.)

I don't get some of the channels like BOOM - it's an extra cost. But I see things like Speed Buggy and Flintstones/ Jetsons flipping through the BOOM schedule. No Bugs Bunny.

Bugs is stuff for kids to watch with their parents. I used to get up around 7am on Saturdays ... yes, way back in the 1970s. Popeye was on early, maybe Pink Panther. Scooby-doo and the other stuff on those mornings were just mediocrities. But Bugs? My Dad would even come in and watch Bugs with us. I love my Dad for doing that. We always knew he was a big kid when he'd sit and watch the Looney Tunes with us. Plus, if Foghorn Leghorn made an appearance, we'd get his impecable Foghorn imitation. Good stuff.

I know my buddy Bill watches The Clone Wars /Star Wars stuff with his boys. They're geeks like that. I won't demean their shared experience- I see them interact all the time and it's a great family to be a part of, when I do things with them. But I wish that other parents could watch the Bugs Bunny stuff with their kids today too.

Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd, The Rabbit of Seville.

1 comment:

BethLP said...

My dad loved to watch the Pink Panther with us. Also, Roadrunner.

Good times. Goooood times.